Join the Miraflores forum

Join the Miraflores forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about Miraflores in Spain. Register now for free to talk about Find friends in Miraflores and much more!

Meeting new friends

Whatsapp

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:20pm
14 replies213 views4 members subscribed
  • Page 1 of 2:
  • 1
  • 2

Hello my name is Linda, 57 divorced! Moving over to Spain next week. Looking for local friends and social activities. I am also looking for a voluntary job. I don’t speak spainish but intend to take lessons!!! I have a home in the riviera and have had many many weeks over the last 14 years. Would like to here any info to help me make a New Start 😊 Thank you

JenS

Mon May 21, 2018 7:58am

Posts: 8

Location: La Cala De Mijas

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:58am

Hi Linda, I live in Riviera too. Don’t know when you arrive but would be happy to meet up with you to say hello. 

Costa Women coffee meets this morning in El Gusto in La Cala at 11am. Maybe too soon for you. 

Hope to see you around. Here’s a photo of my husband and me, you might see us walking our Shi Tzu Oscar. 

Linda

Linda

Original Poster

Mon May 21, 2018 1:08pm

Posts: 4

Location: Riviera del Sol

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:08pm

Hi Jen how kind of you to reply! Yes I arrive tonight it’s good to know you you have a meet up at Gustos I love it there! Yes it would be great to meet up I live in Los Mijares the yellow block at the top. If it’s ok with you I’d love to contact you again. Probably be at the weekend after Iv sorted myself out. Thank you 

JenS

Mon May 21, 2018 1:33pm

Posts: 8

Location: La Cala De Mijas

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:33pm

I’m in Royal Golf overlooking the 9th Fairway. !! 

I’m on Facebook too, so message me when you are ready, Jen Sutton Mijas is my title on Fb. 

Linda

Linda

Original Poster

Mon May 21, 2018 1:40pm

Posts: 4

Location: Riviera del Sol

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:40pm

JenS wrote:

I’m in Royal Golf overlooking the 9th Fairway. !! 

I’m on Facebook too, so message me when you are ready, Jen Sutton Mijas is my title on Fb. 

THANK YOU 

jeaniebeanie

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:12pm

Posts: 20

Location: La Cala De Mijas

1 helpful posts

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:12pm

Linda wrote:

Hello my name is Linda, 57 divorced! Moving over to Spain next week. Looking for local friends and social activities. I am also looking for a voluntary job. I don’t speak spainish but intend to take lessons!!! I have a home in the riviera and have had many many weeks over the last 14 years. Would like to here any info to help me make a New Start 😊 Thank you

Hi Linda,  We have spoken before.  My place is in Torrenueva and i will be over this week if you would like to meet for coffee/lunch and a chat.

Hope you are getting settled in.  Just let me know if you are free. Cheers Jean

Judith 29

Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:33pm

Posts: 33

Location: Calahonda

2 helpful posts

Posted: Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:33pm

JenS wrote:

Hi Linda, I live in Riviera too. Don’t know when you arrive but would be happy to meet up with you to say hello. 

Costa Women coffee meets this morning in El Gusto in La Cala at 11am. Maybe too soon for you. 

Hope to see you around. Here’s a photo of my husband and me, you might see us walking our Shi Tzu Oscar. 

Hi Jen , I read your helpful reply to Linda and I wondered if you would not mind me messaging you.. I am coming out to live in calahonda on the 1st October..my daughter is with me for my first week and then my husband will be out for a week.. I will be a lot of the time my own as David has to go back to the UK for his job.. I really need to make new friends as I will not know anyone..would you mind if I get in touch with you when I arrive.. I know you spoke of a Costa women group to  Linda ... I have a shih Tzu to who will be following me out later.. thanks Jen 

JenS

Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:40pm

Posts: 8

Location: La Cala De Mijas

Posted: Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:40pm

Hello Judith, 

I would be delighted to meet up with you, but unfortunately, I will be away from 9 October until 1 Nov. However, Costa Women is a very friendly group and I’m sure there would be someone who would be equally delighted to meet up with you before I get back.  Keep in touch. Jen x

Judith 29

Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:55pm

Posts: 33

Location: Calahonda

2 helpful posts

Posted: Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:55pm

Thank you so much Jen I really appreciate you getting back to me.. it will be lovely to meet up with you when you get back... Judith

Judith 29

Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:55pm

Posts: 33

Location: Calahonda

2 helpful posts

Posted: Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:55pm

Thank you so much Jen I really appreciate you getting back to me.. it will be lovely to meet up with you when you get back... Judith

  • Page 1 of 2:
  • 1
  • 2

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Related topics

Other recommended topics

Register for free!

Login to your account

Advertise your business here